Things not to do in the stock market according to 5 of the best traders
Here are some takeaways from the conclave:
Ashu Madan, MD, Services:
- Herd never makes money from the market. It’s smart money that makes money.
- You won’t suffer a loss if you invest in a bear market even if you don’t make money.
- Stay away from manic themes like electric vehicles, renewable energy and new-age stocks.
Vishal Malkan, Business Coach:
- If you want to trade momentum, don’t trade Nifty shares.
Jitender Singh, Trader:
- A trader loses money because of his mind and not the market.
PR Sundar, options trader:
- A degree from IIT or IIM does not guarantee success in the stock market.
Vivek Bajaj, co-founder, StockEdge
- Don’t put money into a stock for 2-3 months if you don’t understand the business. Add positions at each breakpoint.
(Disclaimer: The recommendations, suggestions, views and opinions given by the experts are their own. These do not represent the views of Economic Times)